*All prices exclude GST if applicable
Teensy UAV System
Firetail is an open source UAV autopilot system for remote controlled aircraft. It can turn any small to medium sized RC plane into a functional unmanned aircraft. It is not intended for manned aviation or life critical operations.
- Several autopilot modes that provide different levels of flight stablisation
- Secure two-way digital datalink with military strength AES encryption
- Autopilot software uses the ChibiOS real-time operating system for exceptional performance.
- Monitors various aircraft parameters and takes over if something goes wrong.
- Automatically returns if it loses remote control signal (except during autonomous flight)
- Ability to upload and fly a maximum of 512 waypoints.
- Geofencing, so the aircraft cannot fly out of a designated area.
- Free and open source software.
- Micro SD card for log file storage.
- Interface to several GPS modules available.
The Teensy UAV software is written in C++. The ground station software is written in C++ with a Gtkmm 3 GUI.
The tiny size of the Teensy autopilot seen here in comparison with an Australian 50c piece.